Join Our BIG Adventure In Our VW JoyBus Road Trip
Come join us on a BIG adventure in our VW JoyBus to the Great Sand Dunes National Park. Like I mentioned it’s a pretty extraordinary place where the Sangre De Cristos mountains and one of the tallest dunes in North America collide. This time of year the snowmelt creates this unusual flowing river through the dunes.
We will hike and climb the dunes, maybe sand surf (think snowboarding on the dunes and sledding), enjoy being outside and go analog for a few days. I have this old school Rand McNally paper atlas that we’ll use for navigation and slow down our lives and enjoy some play, adventure, and connection.
- From our most recent VW Road Trip: The Fisher Towers outside Moab UT
My vision is to share with you what I love the open road, exploring timeless places and peeling back the veneer to create authentic connections. We will hold the itinerary pretty loose and see what unfolds. I’ve found that the less we plan, the more we can explore wherever our nose leads us.
The spirit of the trip
Something beautiful happens when real people chase adventure together. I intend to lean in together and expect to come home different people than when we began.
- Depart Colorado Springs 4 pm on June 1st
- Return Colorado Springs 1 pm June 3rd
We can work on a launching location once we nail down who is joining us.
Spots: The bus comfortably seats four people. And we have a jump seat that stretches it to five people. Let’s plan on 4, but we’ll make room if we’ve got 5. If you’ve never traveled in a 1974 VW Bus, you’re in for a real treat. It’s going to be great.
Oh did I mention there is no air conditioning? Plan on ADVENTURE.
- My brother and I driving the bus through Death Valley CA.
The Investment to live like I was 25 years old again,
$585 per person includes:
- Two nights camping
- Throwback road trip in our vintage VW Joybus
- All roadside repairs necessary to keep going
- Camping Meals (more details to follow on group meals)
- All fees, reservations
- All camping gear
- Human connection
- An adventure not available in suburbia
- 1-hour post trip one-on-one debrief coaching call with me.
- Work Life Play schwag T-shirt (brand new design), adventure badge, stickers, etc
We will eat out at restaurants Friday dinner, Saturday dinner, and Sunday lunch. To keep costs down restaurant meals are not included in the trip cost. Plan on bringing money to pay for these three meals and any road trip incidentals. All other meals, snacks, and drinks are included.
Reservations & Gear
I will take care of all of the camping reservations, all fees, group supplies and group meals while camping (I’m checking on us sleeping in Teepees one night), all gear including stoves, tents, sleeping bags, and pads. If you prefer, you’re welcome to bring your gear.
Sleeping & showering
The pull out bed in the bus sleeps, two people. The rest of us will need to camp in tents or Teepees :). We can sort out how we share the comfy digs of the bus for the two nights.
The Teepee farm location has an outdoor shower that appears to be a viable option for rinsing off road grime.
- Our camping option for Saturday night
- Yes this is a co-ed trip
- I’m not sure if Leith, my wife, will be joining us
- If you have food needs e.g gluten or dairy-we can connect on it in advance.
- What happens if the bus breaks down? She’s never left us stranded yet 🚌.
For simplicity sake, if you’d like to join us, please email me and Abby, my assistant can work with you to collect 50% down for a reservation.
Adventure awaits friends. I hope you can join us.