How to Be Here with Rob Bell Episode #55
Rob Bell is a brother from another mother. I love this man. I’ve listened to Rob’s voice in my earbuds since early 2000’s. When he was a pastor in Grand Rapids Michigan at Mars Hills Church, I would download his weekly sermons and listen to them on my Sunday long runs. Last January, Leith and I went to Rob’s Business edition two-day event in Laguna Beach. Last month we spent the day with him and 99 others in Denver at his How to Be Here Experience. In this podcast interview, Rob Bell and I talk about his new book, How to Be Here.
Click to Listen to Rob Bell interview
Here are some of the highlights from the interview with Rob Bell
- What are you doing here? Do you know?
- What kind of life do you want?
- The World is unfinished
- The story of my Joy Bucket and how making a cup of coffee in a parking lot shifted liberated me.
- The spiritual condition of despair is actually what we want liberation from
- What if our life has more freedom in it that we believe?
- ikigai: the Japanese have a word for what were supposed to do with our life
- Your life is a blinking cursor on the screen of your life waiting for you to create something
- How imagination and assumptions are the two starting places for your life
- Architecting your life is something you do, not something that happens to you
- We live out of a dominant story narrative that we tell ourselves each day.
- Surfing Lake Michigan during a Red Flag warning
About Rob (from Robbell.com)
Rob Bell is a bestselling author, international teacher, and highly sought after public speaker. His books include The New York Times bestseller Love Wins, along with What We Talk About When We Talk About God, The Zimzum of Love, Velvet Elvis, Sex God, Jesus Wants to Save Christians, Drops Like Stars. At age 28 he founded Mars Hill Bible Church in Michigan, and under his leadership it was one of the fastest-growing churches in America. In 2011 he was profiled in Time Magazine as one of their 100 most influential people. Rob was featured on Oprah’s 2014 Life You Want Tour and has spoken at events all over the world. He and his wife Kristen have three children and live in Los Angeles.