Tripp Crosby Interview: A Conference Call in Real Life Episode #28
I first came across comedian and director Tripp Crosby’s work from his YouTube sketch titled A Conference Call in Real Life. Conference calls are a very relatable topic for most working professionals. Have you ever read those statistics about how many years we spend of our lives sitting in traffic? I am pretty sure I’ve spent a few years of my life on conference calls.
Tripp and Tyler’s help us laugh at ourselves in this hilarious comedic parody depicting the experience of a conference call. The first time I watched it I think I laughed so hard I spit my coffee out onto my keyboard. I really enjoyed my conversation with Tripp.
Tripp is a real guy living a real story with a level of authenticity that will invite you in. I believe you will really enjoy hearing about his career journey and his level of transparency.
Just in case you haven’t seen it:
A Conference Call in Real Life
- Hear how Tripp juggles his roles as a Director, Writer, Actor and On Stage Host
- The backstory on how Tripp and Tyler came up with the idea for their YouTube sketch
- Where Tripp and Tyler met and how they decided to start working together
- Working to find the right sponsorship partners is a key to Tripp’s YouTube success
- Risk taking is part of Tripp’s DNA
- Tripp offers advice on partnerships and navigating them well
- His story about boldly borrowing money from friends and family in college
- Find out why the Lines Between Play and Work are very blurry for Tripp
- Hear about his mantra “If I haven’t failed at enough risks, but if I am not succeeding”
Tripp & Tyler’s Newest Projects:
YouTube Sketch Email in Real Life
The sequel to Conference Call in Real Life
Tripp & Tyler’s New book
Stuff You Should Know About Stuff:
How to Properly Behave in Certain Situations
About Tripp Crosby
Tripp Crosby is most widely known as the taller half of Tripp and Tyler, a world famous YouTube sketch comedy duo with over 40 million views. Their work has been featured on the Today Show, CNN Headline News, and multiple times on the homepage of YouTube.
Tripp is also a film director and was recently selected as part of the Saatchi & Saatchi New Director Showcase at the Cannes International Film Festival. He is also the founder of Green Tricycle Studios, in Atlanta, GA, an award-winning commercial, music video, and branded entertainment production company. Their work has been seen on multiple television networks and by millions on the world wide web.
When he’s not producing new sketches with Tyler or leading his team at Green Tricycle, Tripp can be seen performing at comedy clubs and corporate events around the globe.