“I’d rather be doing what I love”.
Kind, humble, all-inclusive, Dean Karnazes is more than a runner.
He is an ambassador of passion.
It’s important to hear that Dean’s mission is not to convert you to become a runner or attempt to run ridiculous amounts of miles.
Instead Dean believes that his story should encourage you to wrestle with your pre-conceived ideas about life.
He attempted the well-traveled path of a big corporate job, business school and financial success.
He had a Jerry Maguire moment and walked out of a bar on his thirtieth birthday started running and hasn’t stopped since. He started re-architecting his life and over the period of years he transitioned out of his day job and into becoming a full-time ultra-runner.
Click to Listen
- What Dean’s wife said when he announced his desire to resign from his job?
- What race is he most proud of completing?
- How the classroom of running has translated to lessons for life and business?
- How you can join Dean for a run at a North Face Endurance Challenge?
- What races did he not finish the first two times?
- Why he wanted you to come join him during his 50 Marathons, 50 States in 50 Days?
Follow Dean on Twitter.