Financial Guy Turned CEO
In this episode I will be speaking with Jeff Ullrich.
Jeff and his partner and co-founder Scott Aukerman launched Earwolf Media from a fourteen-page business plan now a leading comedy podcast network.
Of the top comedy shows on iTunes, Earwolf dominates with seven in the Top Thirty.
Earwolf Media was founded in March 2010 and today produces 18-20 weekly shows.
They have produced over 1500-comedy podcast episodes totaling 4.5M downloads each month.
Their guest list is too long to list.
- How they differentiate Earwolf podcasts from 300,000 other comedy podcasts.
- How Jeff left the world of finance to start Earwolf with no podcast or live media experience.
- Hear how they changed the rules of the game of selling advertising.
Earwolf Media’s Mantra:
- We create comedy, we don’t success it.
- Trust, intimacy and engagement with listeners.
- Artist maintains the creative control.
- Jeff’s Podcast interview with Matt Gourley: The Philosophy of Getting Things Done.
- Jeff’s podcast home page
- Seth Godin Medicine Ball podcast with other graduates.
- Seth Godin’s Startup School podcast on Earwolf