- The high’s and low’s of working side-by-side with Steve Jobs for twelve years.
- Discover the power of defeating complexity with simplicity.
- Watch the 1998 TV ads for the iMac with Jeff Goldblum.
- Why is simplicity so difficult to get right?
- Hear the story about the creation of the first Apple Store and naming the Genius Bar.
- Watch Steve Job’s commencement speech at Stanford “You cannot connect the dots going forward”.
Ken’s Official Bio
Ken Segall is the author of the New York Times bestseller Insanely Simple. Working with Steve Jobs as his ad agency creative director for twelve years spanning NeXT and Apple, Segall led the team behind Apple’s legendary Think different campaign and set Apple down the i-way by naming the iMac. In this interview he tells stories from his career about the power simple and his newest book Think Simple: How Smart Leaders Defeat Complexity.
Resources for Defeating Complexity
Ken Segall’s Blog, The Observatory: A Watchful Eye on Technology & Marketing
How to Explain Your Idea Simply on Work Life Play
Ken Segall’s NY Times Best Seller, Insanely Simple: The Obsession that Drives Apple’s Success